Expoagro is the largest open-air agro-industrial exhibition in the region, held by Exponenciar S.A., a company comprised of Clarín and La Nación – the main newspapers in Argentina. Exponenciar holds Expoagro once a year, during four days, on the eve of the end of the coarse grains campaign.
The exhibition boasts the latest technology in agricultural machinery, inputs, livestock and services. Among other attractions, it offers plots (standing crops), a machinery show at the Technodrome and streaming. For four days, buyers, sellers, financial institutions and international business rounds gather in a unique atmosphere, rightfully labeled The National Capital of Agribusiness.
Since 2017, and after 10 years of itinerant editions, it is held in the same grounds located at km 225 of National Road 9, in the Buenos Aires district of San Nicolás, Buenos Aires, the heart of the Argentine Humid Pampa, and a few kilometers away from the main urban centers of Argentina.
A Road to the Future
More than 600 exhibitors participated in Expoagro YPF Agro Edition 2023, more than 100,000 visitors gathered, and the turnover reached USD 1,200 million. The exhibition once again proved that the Argentine agro-industrial ecosystem has the potential to boost the economy and international projection together with innovation and local know-how.
With the aim of reinforcing business opportunities among Argentine exhibitors and buyers from all over the world, 25 countries participated in the last edition.
Germany, Angola, Saudi Arabia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Croatia, United Arab Emirates, United States, Spain, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Morocco, Mexico, New Zealand, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, The Czech Republic, Turkey and South Africa were present through businessmen, ambassadors, embassy officials, and commercial attachés. They toured the exhibition and held meetings to learn about Argentine production, with a main interest in no-tillage, digital farming, silo technology and Argentine agricultural machinery, creating bonds with local companies.
The Figures of the 2023
● 500,000 m2 fairgrounds
● + 600 exhibiting companies
● 180 agricultural machinery companies
● +10 companies with plots
● +10 government and private banking entities
● 19 Agtech and 3 universities at the Microsoft Agtech Space
● 4 auctions via streaming
● +80 thousand heads of cattle auctioned
● 6 breed associations with their respective events
● +100 launches, presentations and talks
● 6 auditoriums
● +30 companies and agribusiness associations/entities participated in the Technodrome.
● +USD 1,200 business volume
● +100 thousand visitors
● Representatives from 25 countries
● 18 embassies
● 8 international chambers of commerce
● +40 connection meetings at the Pampero Agribusiness Center
● 40 developers took part in the first Hackathon
● 24 hours of streaming